Nitrogen Inflator machine
Nitropoint - Nitrogen Inflator Machine
MODEL – PNF-3000, PNF-3000A
- Suitable for: Car, Light Truck.
- Pump the air from the tyre by the internal vacuum generator.
- Auto-Start Inflation.
- Single Tyre Application.
- 72PSI / 5bar / 500kPa.
- Generates nitrogen from your compressed air.
- 2 Pre-Filters.
- 50L internal nitrogen storage tank.
- Remain at last setting.
- Audible and visual end of the cycle signal indicators.
- LED display.
- 1 No. 10m standard hose with single clip-on open tyre chuck.
Compressed Air Input Range
Compressed Air Input Flow
Operating Temperature Range
-20℃/-4°F to 70℃ / 158°F
Maximum Nitrogen Pressure in Tank
102PSI / 7bar / 700kPa
Power Requirement Voltage
AC220V 50Hz 1 Phase
The Technology behind Nitrogen Inflator Machines
Nitrogen inflator machines are designed to fill tyres with high-purity nitrogen gas instead of standard compressed air. The technology behind these machines is relatively simple but highly effective. Here’s how nitrogen inflator machines work:
- Nitrogen Gas Generation: The heart of a nitrogen inflator machine is a nitrogen generator. This device separates nitrogen from ambient air. It typically uses a process called Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) or membrane separation. In both methods, nitrogen is extracted from the surrounding air, leaving behind oxygen and other gases. The result is high-purity nitrogen gas, typically with a purity level of 95% to 99.9%.
- Filling Process: Once the nitrogen gas is generated, it is fed into the tyre using a hose and a specialized nozzle. The machine allows for precise control of the inflation process, ensuring the correct tyre pressure is achieved.
Advantages of Nitrogen Inflation
Nitrogen inflation offers several key advantages over traditional air inflation:
- Improved Tyre Pressure Stability: Nitrogen molecules are larger than oxygen molecules, which means they are less likely to leak through the tyre’s rubber compound. This results in more stable tyre pressure over time, reducing the need for frequent pressure checks and adjustments.
- Enhanced Fuel Efficiency: Properly inflated tyres contribute to better fuel efficiency. Nitrogen-inflated tyres maintain their pressure more effectively, resulting in improved gas mileage and reduced carbon emissions.
- Increased Tyre Life: Nitrogen inflation reduces the rate of tyre oxidation and aging, as nitrogen is less reactive than oxygen. This can lead to increased tyre life and reduced tyre degradation.
- Reduced Risk of Tyre Failure: Nitrogen-filled tyres experience fewer pressure-related problems, such as blowouts or flats. This can enhance safety on the road, especially at high speeds or in extreme weather conditions.
- Improved Handling and Braking: Consistent tyre pressure is essential for vehicle handling and braking. Nitrogen-inflated tyres maintain their pressure more reliably, ensuring optimal performance in critical situations.
- Corrosion Prevention: Oxygen can contribute to corrosion of the wheel and tyre components. Nitrogen, being inert, reduces the risk of corrosion, thereby extending the life of the tyre and wheel.
Applications of Nitrogen Inflator Machines
Nitrogen inflator machines have found applications in various sectors, benefiting a wide range of vehicle types and industries. Here are some of the key applications:
- Consumer Vehicles: Nitrogen inflation has gained popularity among car owners who seek improved fuel efficiency, longer tyre life, and enhanced safety. Many tyre service centers offer nitrogen inflation services for consumer vehicles.
- Commercial Fleets: Companies with large fleets of vehicles, such as delivery trucks, taxis, and buses, can benefit significantly from nitrogen inflation. Maintaining proper tyre pressure in a fleet helps reduce operating costs and increase safety.
- Motorsports: In the world of motorsports, where precision and performance are paramount, nitrogen inflation is used to maintain tyre pressure at consistent levels, ensuring that vehicles operate at their peak.
- Aviation: Nitrogen inflator machines are also used in the aviation industry to inflate the tyres of aircraft. Nitrogen’s stability and resistance to moisture make it a reliable choice for aviation applications.
- Mining and Construction: In industries where vehicles operate in rugged and challenging environments, nitrogen inflation ensures that tyres remain durable and reliable under extreme conditions.
- Military and Defense: Nitrogen-filled tyres are preferred in military and defense applications where reliability and safety are critical. Nitrogen inflation machines are used to maintain the tyres of military vehicles and equipment.
Selecting the Right Nitrogen Inflator Machine
When choosing a nitrogen inflator machine, it’s essential to consider several factors to ensure it meets your specific needs. Some of these factors include:
- Purity Level: Different nitrogen inflator machines offer varying levels of nitrogen purity. For consumer vehicles, a purity level of 95% to 98% is typically sufficient, while aviation or military applications may require higher purity levels.
- Flow Rate: The flow rate of the nitrogen generator should match the intended application. For industrial or commercial use, a higher flow rate may be necessary to inflate larger tyres quickly.
- Portability: Consider whether the machine needs to be portable or fixed in one location. For mobile service providers or motorsports teams, portability is crucial.
- User Interface: A user-friendly interface and display are essential for ease of operation. Some machines offer digital displays and automatic settings for convenience.
- Hose and Nozzle Compatibility: Ensure that the machine’s hose and nozzle are compatible with the tyres you’ll be inflating. This is particularly important in applications with a variety of tyre sizes.